Today, online chat rooms mean a mass communication.
This has its advantages and disadvantages.
On Facebook, there is chat, or Messenger, it is a chat program.
These are 2 of the most popular Internet chats. All this of the revolutionary subject of the chat happened thanks to the Computer Technology.
It has changed the way people act now days. It has really impacted today’s society.
But, how much?
Here are the ways that chats have affected us positively and negatively.
The good things about chat rooms:
- It’s a connection that has been made instantaneously without connection delay when sending messages. This advantage is very clear though.
- In a single chat of a chat room, 2 or more people can connect or communicate simultaneously.
- In a simple and practical way, we can be in contact with the people we love the most.
- It’s possible to attach multimedia files, such as photos, videos, images or music themes. This is another clear advantage of using chats.
- You have the possibility of being in contact with someone from another place that you live in that you have ever known in order to maintain the relationship at a distance. This one has become one of the main reasons people have opted to create themselves chat profiles.
- It is possible to exchange ideas with groups of people who think similar or equal to you. This way you can enrich your thoughts by connecting and create strong strings with people all around the world.
The not-so-good things about chat rooms:
- In the chat there may be people with false profiles or mails which creates a feeling of insecurity in online. This means that we can be basically communicating with people who are not what we believe. This is the worst disadvantage of using chat rooms. You very exposed to catfish.
- In chat rooms there are many people who use spam. This can be annoying for the one who receives all this amount of information without value.
- The fundamental thread of real communication is lost, since you cannot really see the other person and sometimes people do not write what they think, that is, they do it without feelings, simply to make the other person happy. This one happens very often though. People just don’t realize just how much one can affect on others people’s decisions.
- Sometimes it can be strange not to be talking and simply writing thinking that in this way we are communicating with another person.
- The fundamental meaning of a conversation is lost since you cannot see what the other person really thinks or feels due to lack of facial expressions or voice. This is a clear disadvantage. You can’t really see their “body language”. Sometimes “body language” tells more than words do.
- There is no time factor since one can send a message in the chat to another person and you can respond 1 minute later, compared to a fluent conversation.